CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER!
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS – JEROME’S LABOR DAY 2020 $10,000 HOME MAKEOVER GIVEAWAY
THE CONTEST SPONSOR:
1. The Jerome’s Labor Day 2020 $10,000 Home Makeover Giveaway (“the Contest”) is conducted by Jerome’s Furniture Warehouse (“Jerome’s”), the Contest Sponsor and Administrator.
2. The Contest is open to residents of the counties of San Diego, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino and Orange, California, and who are 18 years of age or older and who are residing in the counties of San Diego, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino and Orange, California, at the time of contest entry and the Grand Prize draw.
You are not eligible if, during the Entry Period, you are an employee or partner of Jerome’s Furniture or a member of the immediate family (defined as mother, father, brother, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife, regardless of where they reside) or household member of any of the above persons, their respective affiliates, agents, licensors, associates, representatives and advertising agencies. If an individual meets the aforementioned requirements then they will be considered an “Eligible Entrant” for the purposes of this Contest.
HOW TO ENTER:
3. Visit any Jerome’s showroom and complete a Jerome’s Labor Day 2020 $10,000 Home Makeover Giveaway entry form or complete and submit the required information located at https://www.jeromesconnect.com and you will be entered into the Contest. Duplicate entries, incomplete entries, and entries with falsified information (i.e. an invalid email address) will be disqualified. The decision to disqualify any entry is at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor and Administrator, and will occur without notice or communication to the entrant. The disqualification decision is final and not subject to review.
THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST, AND NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
4. Nominations begin: Monday, August 31, 2020 at 9:00am PST. Deadline for nominations: Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 11:59pm PST. Random Draw: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 3:00pm PST.
THE DRAW DETAILS:
5. There will be one (1) random Prize Draw. The Prize Draw will take place on the date and time in the above Schedule, at the corporate office of Jerome’s Furniture at 16960 Mesamint St., CA 92127. The Entry chosen will become the “Selected Entrant” and must meet the conditions outlined below in order to be declared the “Winner”.
6. There will be a total of one (1) prize awarded. The Prize consists of a $10,000.00 USD Jerome’s Furniture Gift Card, redeemable for a merchandise purchase at any Jerome’s store location or online at jeromes.com. The Selected Entrant agrees to accept the Prize as described in these rules. The Prize is not transferable to another individual, is not redeemable in whole or in part for cash or credit, and no substitutions will be permitted. The $10,000.00 Jerome’s Furniture Gift Card may not be applied to a previous purchase or as a credit towards financing.
CONTACTING THE SELECTED ENTRANT:
7. The “Selected Entrant” will be notified by phone or email from a Jerome’s Furniture representative within approximately two (2) business days after the Prize Draw. If for any reason the Selected Entrant cannot be reached after two (2) attempts that are two (2) days apart, and does not respond by the deadline in the email, his/her Entry will be declared null and void, and the prize will be forfeited. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to select at random another eligible Entry.
The Contest Sponsor will not be held responsible for the loss of a Prize due to changes in email addresses, or any other circumstances leading to an invalid, erroneous or incomplete email address.
TO BE DECLARED A WINNER:
8. To be declared the “Winner”, the Selected Entrant must, in addition to meeting the Contest eligibility criteria and otherwise complying with the Official Contest Rules, first:
Be reached by email by the Contest Sponsor’s representatives within the two (2) business days immediately following the Draw of the Entry (2 contact attempts will be made, 2 business days apart); Complete and sign the Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form and return it to the Sponsor or its representatives by the deadline given on the Form and return it to Jerome’s representative at the email address provided; Correctly answer, un-aided by mechanical means, a mathematical skill-testing question printed on the Declaration and Release Form.
Disqualification: If any one of the above mentioned conditions is not met, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified and shall not be entitled to receive the prize. The Contest Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to verify the information on the contest entry form of any selected entrant, and if any information if deemed to be false, the Administrator reserves the right to draw another eligible Entrant as a potential prize winner.
Should the Prize be unclaimed after two (2) weeks, or should the Selected Entrant be unwilling, unable or ineligible to win the Prize as set out in these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and Jerome’s reserves the right to draw another Entry (“Alternate Entrant”). The Alternate Entrant will be contacted following the same method as set out above.
AWARDING THE PRIZE:
Upon the completion and signing of the Declaration and Release Form, the Prize of a $10,000.00 Jerome’s Furniture Gift Card can be claimed in a Jerome’s Furniture store location of the Winner’s choosing. Personal identification will be requested prior to awarding the prize.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION:
9. Participation in this Contest constitutes an agreement by each Entrant to comply with these Official Rules.
ODDS OF WINNING:
10. The odds of winning a monthly Prize depends upon the number of eligible Entries received for each Contest month in accordance with these Official Rules.
VERIFICATION OF ENTRIES:
11. The validity of any Contest entry is subject to verification by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor—including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized holder of the email address at the time of entry. For these purposes, the “authorized holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the submitted email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address on the Entry Form.
Any incomplete, duplicate or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Any entrant or other individual who enters or attempts to enter the Contest in a manner which is contrary to these official Contest Rules or which is otherwise disruptive to the proper operation of the Contest or by its nature is unjust to other entrants or potential entrants will be rejected and that Entrant or purported Entrant will be disqualified. All decisions of the Contest judges, who may be employees or independent contractors of the Sponsor and Contest Administrator, with respect to any and all aspects of the Contest, including without limitation the eligibility or disqualification of Entrants or Entries, are final and binding without right of appeal.
CONTEST MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION:
12. Jerome’s is not responsible for any printing, distribution, production or other errors which may occur in the course of the conduct of the Contest including, without limitation, any typographical, printing or other errors in the Official Rules or in or on any other materials relating to the Contest, and Jerome’s is not responsible for any errors or losses which may occur in respect to the Prize selection, or in respect to the receipt, transfer or storage of Entries. Jerome’s may rescind, cancel, amend or revoke the Contest, without liability, and in its sole discretion for any reason whatever. Without limiting the generality of the
Foregoing, Jerome’s reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest and/or the Official Rules, in whole or part and without notice, if Jerome’s determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that fraud or technical or other failures have threatened or destroyed the integrity of the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to causes beyond the reasonable control of Jerome’s which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Jerome’s reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION:
13. By entering the Contest, each Entrant: (a) releases and holds harmless Jerome’s and its directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents (collectively the “Releases”) from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands, manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, duties, accounts, bonds, covenants, warranties, indemnities, claims over, contracts, liabilities, injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including property damage or death, of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the Entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Contest rules and acceptance and use of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (b) if selected as a potential Prize winner, to sign the Sponsors’ form of Declaration and Release documentation in this regard before receiving the Prize.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
14. Jerome’s assumes no responsibility or liability for incorrect, damaged, illegible, mutilated, spoiled, destroyed, stolen, misplaced, lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry). Jerome’s is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries. Jerome’s assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Jerome’s is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Jerome’s is not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Jerome’s which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Jerome’s reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
15. By entering this Contest and accepting the Prize, each eligible Entrant whose Entry is selected hereby grants to Jerome’s, without further remuneration, the unrestricted rights to publish, in the collective or individual discretion of Jerome’s, the name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice and ideas of that eligible Entrant for advertising and promotional purposes in print, broadcast or online (including Jerome’s website and social media). Each Winner must sign a Declaration and Release Form.
COMMUNICATION WITH ENTRANTS:
16. No communication or correspondence will be entered into with any Contest Entrants, other than with the Selected Entrants in the Prize draws. All Contest Entries are the property of Jerome’s, and none will be returned.
17. These are the official Contest rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations in California and all applicable federal laws and regulations in The United States of America. These Contest rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, state and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Jerome’s.
18. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these Official Rules.
Entrants agree to receive communications and materials by email or by mail, notice of promotions and other types of information such as research, surveys or product feedback, from Jerome’s and its partners. E-mail addresses and home addresses are collected for the purpose of electronic marketing and are used to administer this contest and for other types of promotions at the discretion of Jerome’s. The personal information gathered from contest entrants in connection with this Contest will be kept in a secure and confidential database, and will not be rented or sold.